Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Dinosaur and Me

Top via Goldmine Vintage, Levi's Shorts via Urban Outfitters, Lotta From Stockholm Clogs, Brixton Hat, Thrifted Backpack

I'm finally feeling like I'm getting back into the swing of things after being out of town for over two weeks. Does anybody else have that issue? You go out of town for an extended period of time and when you get back you need at least a few days to reacclimate yourself to home. I had a lot of things to do when I got back. So, I did them and now I feel more settled. So there. Back in my comfort zone. It's nice to be in your comfort zone sometimes. Just don't get to comfortable there, ya know?

Honestly, I say I like being in my comfort zone, and I do, but I don't really like to stay there for too long. I get bored. I definitely was not in mine when we were shooting at this location. This place used to be a putt putt golf course years ago and is in a not-so-safe part of town. Lots of interesting characters lurking around... But, it was actually really fun to shoot there and I got more comfortable after a little bit. Of course, I immediately walked right over to the dinosaur statue and started posing in front of it. I really love how the photos turned out. So, the moral of the story is- When you feel like you've gotten just a little too comfortable, go find a giant dinosaur on the bad side of town and hang out with it for a little while. That should put some pep in your step real quick ;)

P.S. I suggest you invest in a pair of white shorts this summer. I wear these constantly. They go with so much and are a more interesting take on the plain blue jean short.

Photos by Whitney Devin

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-43004570-1